Marriage at St. Vincent Ferrer Catholic Church
The Catholic Church defines marriage as the union between a man and a woman. Marriage is a Sacrament and is ordered toward the good of the spouses and the procreation and education of children. No other vows are more sacred; no other commitments are more personal than the ones you share at the altar.
Engaged couples should click here to fill out the intake form, and contact Mary Somerville, Director of Family Life Ministries, firstname.lastname@example.org, at least six months before the wedding date is set, to begin the process.
- The Diocesan Guidelines for Marriage Preparation are on the Palm Beach Diocese website: https://www.diocesepb.org/ministriesoffices/ministries/marriage-family-life-faith-formation-youth-ministry/marriage-ministry/marriage-preparation/register-marriage-preparation.html
- At St. Vincent Ferrer, we use the Fully Engaged Program, where you each complete an inventory/questionnaire, then meet with a Mentor Couple to go over the results. It is an important tool to bring out areas of strengths and weaknesses you might find helpful in your marriage.
- Saturday Weddings: Noon, 1:00PM, or 2:00PM
- Sunday Weddings: 2:00PM or 3:00PM
- Weekday Weddings: 6:00PM
- 6:00PM the evening before the wedding
A non-refundable deposit of $300 is required to reserve and confirm your wedding date.
- Registered parishioners (must be 6 months contributing) – $1200.
- Non-parishioners and non-contributing parishioners – $1800.
- Couples may request live streaming for their ceremony at an additional cost.
As your wedding day gets closer, you will meet with:
- the Wedding Ceremony Coordinator to go over the details of the wedding day, and
- the Music Director, who will provide you with a list of appropriate songs and music for the wedding. The parish will provide the cantor and organist.
- Any additional services provided, whether soloist, violinist, etc., would be your own additional cost. We ask that any external musicians first meet with the Music Director.
When you have chosen your music and readings from the “Together for Life” book, click here to fill out the wedding liturgy selection form.