Baptism is the foundation of Christian life and the gateway to the Church’s other sacraments. Through Baptism, we are freed from sin and reborn as children of God where we become members of Christ and His Church.
To inquire about Baptism for a baby or child, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and someone will reach out to you. If you are an adult seeking Baptism or thinking about becoming Catholic, your next step is RCIA.
FAQs for Parents:
To register for Baptism, click here. If you have questions, please email email@example.com or call 561-276-6892 X1305 during business hours.
- At least one parent must be a practicing Catholic.
- Parents must take our Baptism preparation class which is held once per month. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for the next available class.
Parents must have a connection to St. Vincent Ferrer in one of two ways:
- Parents are registered members of St. Vincent Ferrer.
- Parents have close families who are registered members of St. Vincent Ferrer.
Baptisms are scheduled on the 3rd Sunday of the month at Noon (after the 11:00 AM Mass). There may be some exceptions due to the Liturgical calendar, etc.
No, there is no fee. However, many people choose to give the Priest or Deacon a stipend, and/or a donation to the church as a token of appreciation. Please make the check out to the person if it is for him specifically. If it is for the church, please write “Baptism Donation” on the memo line or use provided donation envelopes if giving cash.
Yes. However, you are required to take your Baptismal preparation class in your home parish, and then get a letter of permission from your Pastor to have your child Baptized in another parish. This requirement respects the reality that pastors have sacramental jurisdiction only over their own parishioners. Therefore, when one seeks a sacrament outside of one’s parish, the proper pastor’s permission is necessary.
FAQs for Godparents / Christian Witness:
- Godparents must be at least 16 years of age.
- Both Godparents must be practicing, Confirmed Catholics.
- Godparents must take a Baptism preparation class at St. Vincent Ferrer or at their own parish.
- Any Godparent from another parish must present a sponsor form, or letter of good standing from their parish as soon as possible.
A Christian Witness is a validly baptized practicing Christian who practices their faith in Jesus Christ in a visible and sincere manner in their local church where they attend Sunday services regularly.
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Must take a Baptism preparation class at their own parish.
- Must present a sponsor form or letter of good standing from their respective church where they are currently registered as an active member of that community of Christian Faith.